Last Modified: September 9, 2021
FideliTrade Incorporated and its affiliates (”FideliTrade”, “we”, “us” or “our”) respect Your privacy and are committed to safeguarding personal information provided to or obtained by us.
This Privacy Notice (the “Privacy Notice”) describes the privacy practices of FideliTrade. It is designed to provide You with a good understanding of how FideliTrade collects, safeguards, uses, shares, and discloses personal information that it receives or gathers. In general, our collection and use of personal information is designed to comply with applicable law, furnish our services to You, and provide good customer service.
What Activities Does This Privacy Notice Apply To?
- Non-electronic or offline means, e.g., mail, trade show interaction, etc.
- Phone, email, or other electronic messages
- Use of FideliTrade’s websites and applications (“Websites”)
- Social media websites such as Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter
- Indirectly through FideliTrade’s authorized service providers
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
As described in detail below, FideliTrade collects the following types of personal information:
For example, first name or first initial and surname, aliases, account number, account name, postal address, social security number, passport number, driver’s license number, email addresses, internet protocol (IP) address, and telephone number.
- Other personal elements
For example, a signature, bank account number, credit card number, employment or other source of income.
- Characteristics of protected classifications
For example, citizenship, marital status, age, sex, gender, or disability.
- Commercial information
For example, goods or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing histories or tendencies in relation to Your interactions with FideliTrade, third parties affiliated with FideliTrade or third parties not affiliated with FideliTrade.
- Internet activity including usage of Websites
For example, interaction with Websites or advertisements, such as the number of downloads, browsing history, search history, and geolocation information while using our Websites including:
- Activity. When You visit our website, we gather personal information automatically and store it in log files. For example, we may collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, language, internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit page, operating system, and date/time stamp. We use this personal information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the Websites, to learn about user behavior on the Websites, to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and to monitor use of the Websites and improve its quality. We may compile statistical information concerning the use of the Websites through analytics services, such as those provided by Google Analytics for display advertisers. Examples of this information may include: the number of visitors to the Websites or to sections or pages within the Websites, patterns of traffic flowing through the Websites, length of time spent on the Websites, or in sections or pages of the Websites, the other sites that refer visitors to the Website, the pages of the Websites that visitors frequently use as entry and exit points, utilization of the browser and operating systems and versions used by visitors to the Websites. The data collected may be used to display banner advertisements and other advertising tailored to Your interests when You visit certain websites. We also may use this personal information in our marketing and advertising services.
- Cookies. We may use various kinds of software devices to collect personal information about the use of our Websites. Small files called “cookies” may be attached to Your Web browser. These files identify Your browser and save information such as passwords, pages visited, and time spent on the Websites so that our Websites can recognize You, facilitate site navigation and personalize Your experience. It also allows us to select which of our advertisements and offers are most likely to appeal to You. You can set Your browser to disable cookies, but some portions of the Websites (and possibly other sites) may not work properly if You do this. We may also use a pixel tag, a transparent graphic image sometimes known as a web beacon, to review how visitors navigate the Websites; a pixel tag may tell Your browser to get contact from another server. Network publishing companies and publishers are not permitted to collect personal information directly from the Websites. If You would like more information about this practice, and Your choices and how they relate to this practice, please contact us.
- Social Media Plugins. The Websites may use social media plugins (e.g., Facebook and LinkedIn) to enable You to easily share information with others. When You visit our Websites, the operator of the social media plugin can place a cookie on Your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our Websites if You are logged into the social media website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) while browsing our Websites. These social plugins allow that social media website to share data about Your activities on our Websites with other users of their social media website. For example, Facebook social media plugins allow Facebook to show Your likes and comments on our pages to Your Facebook friends. Facebook social media plugins also allow You to see Your friends’ Facebook activity on our Websites. We do not control any of the content from the social media plugins. For more information about social media plugins from other social media websites You should refer to those sites’ privacy and data/information sharing statements/policies.
IN USING THE WEBSITES, YOU CONSENT TO THE USE AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR THE PURPOSES AND FUNCTIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
Why Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
The business purposes for which we may collect Your personal information are listed below.
- To provide customer service to You and evaluate Your needs.
- To fulfill an operational purpose such as collecting Your full name and postal address for shipping purposes.
- To engage in marketing activities, including efforts to design products and services appropriate for our customers.
- To contact You, communicate with You, and/or provide You with notices in-person, via email, through our Websites, by postal mail, or on social media concerning our products and services, or events or news that may be of interest to You.
- To engage in testing, research, analysis and product and service development generally.
- To review, improve, and monitor our Websites and overall client experience, including to provide customization to meet specific needs, ensure a consistent experience, and to assess trends, interests, and the demands of customers.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights including those arising from any contracts entered into between You and us, including billing and payments.
- To comply with applicable law including the USA PATRIOT Act.
- To respond to law enforcement requests, court order, or other lawful processes.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, security, and safety of us, our employees, our consumers, our information systems, and the public.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
How Do We Collect Personal Information?
The sources of personal information are described below:
- Directly from You
For example, by Your completion and submittal of an account opening form, Your interactions with us as a user of our Websites, Your responses to surveys, submittal of communications with us either in-person, through postal mail, or through an electronic platform.
- Your family member or friend
For example, submittal of account forms by a family member who is authorized or otherwise appointed to act on Your behalf.
- Social media and related services
For example, all communications with us through our social media accounts and/or Your request to connect with us on a social media platform and we view information listed in Your profile.
- Use of a third-party identity verification service
For example, You submit an account opening form and we verify Your identity to prevent fraud, theft, money laundering or other criminal activity.
- Automatic Data Collection Technologies
For example, tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, and web beacons.
Who Do We Share Personal Information With?
We may share personal information described above with the following entities for these purposes:
- Affiliates of FideliTrade for operational, customer service, and marketing purposes.
- Law enforcement, government agencies, attorneys, or other officers of the court requests to comply with applicable law.
- Third-party service providers for operational purposes.
- Successors to all or portions of our business including purchasers, prospective purchasers, parties to a company transaction, and legally interested parties such as a court-appointed trustee or receiver.
- To other third parties if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of FideliTrade, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Do We Sell Personal Information?
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose for a fee, Your personal information.
How Do We Safeguard Personal Information?
We have implemented measures designed to secure personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information. Personal information You provide to us is stored on our secure servers or secured by third party cloud service providers.
Access to personal information provided to our employees is on a “need to know” basis in order to conduct our business, service Your account, and help You accomplish Your objectives. Our employees are required to maintain and protect the confidentiality of personal information and must follow established security procedures. Departure from these procedures may subject an employee to discipline. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Your information.
The safety and security of Your personal information also depends on You. You are responsible to keep Your personal information and passwords to Websites confidential. You must not share Your password with anyone else.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at Your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures provided by the Websites.
Can You Edit or Opt Out Of Sharing Of Your Personal Information?
Please contact us at the below address or email with any requests to verify, correct, update, or delete Your personal information.
We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Do You Have Different Rights If You Live In A Certain State?
If You are a resident of a state with specific privacy laws (such as California, Colorado, Nevada, or Virginia), the law in Your state of residence may provide You with additional rights regarding our use of Your personal information such as:
- The right to notice that personal information will be collected.
- The right to know what personal information has been collected, sold, or disclosed for a business purpose and to whom it was sold or disclosed.
- The right to opt out of sale of personal information.
- The right to have Your personal information deleted.
- The right to non-discrimination as a result of exercising these rights.
We do our best to comply with all state privacy laws. We are happy to answer any questions and comply with Your requests subject to the exceptions provided by law. For any state-specific questions, requests, or concerns, please contact FideliTrade via telephone at: 302- 762-6200 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FideliTrade operates in accordance with the laws of the United States. If You access the Website from outside the United States, You acknowledge that our laws may provide a different standard of protection than Your home country and You consent to be governed by the laws and jurisdictions of the United States.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
The Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age (or 16 years of age if You are a California resident) and we do not knowingly collect information from any person under 18 years old. The Websites are intended for users who are 18 years of age or older, who are interested in transacting in precious metals and FideliTrade’s services. No one under the age of 18 may provide any information to or on the Websites. If You are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, or provide any information about Yourself to us, including Your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username You may use. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If You believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Notice on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat personal information, we will notify You through a notice on the Website home page. The date the Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for You, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Notice and our privacy practices, or to register a complaint or concern, please contact us at:
FideliTrade Incorporated, 3601 N. Market Street, Wilmington, DE 19802
or via our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone: (302) 762-2500
FideliTrade® is a registered trademark of FideliTrade Incorporated.